Range Rules -
- Minimum age to use the range is 12 - with adult supervision.
- If you have never shot a gun before - please let us know so we can assist you.
- If you are pregnant or believe you may be pregnant, you cannot shoot on the range.
- If you have consumed any alcoholic beverage or have been using marijuana, depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other substances prior to, you may not shoot on our range.
- If you have been charged with a felony, convicted of a crime which would prohibit you from owning or purchasing a firearm, or have been adjudicated as mentally defective/committed to a mental institution, you are not permitted on the range for any reason nor may you be in possession of a firearm under federal law.
- If you intend to do bodily harm to yourself or others you are not permitted on the range.
Firearms brought into Sheridan Arms Gun Range -
- All firearms brought into the range must be un-loaded in a gun case, bag, box, etc...
- Lawful carry is permitted but not holster draws.
- All firearms must remain cased in the lobby unless handled by Sheridan Arms Personnel.
- Those who lawfully own a machine gun and wish to shoot it on the range will need authorization by RSO on staff validating safe use and handling on the firing line; along with a valid copy of their form 4 and identification. You may also pre-arrange assistance from Phil Sheridan Sr. who can assist those new to full auto guns.
Range Officers -
- The range officer on duty has full authority of the range at all times the range is in use.
- The range officer will eject from the range any person handling a firearm in an unsafe or careless manner. No refunds will be issued.
- The range officer has the authority to and will inspect all firearms and ammunition and will ban their use if in their judgement they are unsafe, not good working order, or "just because".
- Any person who subjects the range officer to harassment verbal or otherwise will be ejected from the range. No refunds will be issued.
- Any person found to be firing at lights, baffles, carriers, or any other range property or equipment will be held financially and criminally responsible and if need be reported to the proper authorities for the appropriate action.
- Targets will be mounted only on target carriers.
- Firing at anything other than the paper target is not permitted.
- Head shots are not allowed. Aim only at the center mass of the target. Doing so may cause damage to yourself or our range.
- Only targets provided by the range or approved by the range officer are permitted.
- Only shoot at the target in your lane. No cross firing.
All firearms and weapons should be in good working order and may be checked by and approved Sheridan Arms staff.
- No steel cased ammunition is permitted on the range unless cleared by Sheridan Arms staff.
- Any re-loaded or other ammunition may be barred from the range at the discretion of Management.
- Any ammunition that is designed to penetrate steel is prohibited. (Armor piercing, Green tip, Steel cored ammo, etc...)
- No bird shot, including BB's are permitted. Slug and Buckshot only and must be purchased at Sheridan Arms.
- No tracers, incendiary gas, or explosive ammunition is permitted.
- Reloads: see management for details on the use of reloads.
- Absolutely no surplus or foreign military ammunition is permitted unless inspected by Sheridan Arms staff.
In the Range -
- All persons utilizing the range facilities are required to read the range rules and sign all release of liability columns of the sign in sheet before being permitted on the range.
- A responsible adult must accompany persons under the age of 18. This adult shall act as a coach and must remain with the minor at all times on the range.
- No food or drink permitted in the range area. (This also includes chewing gum).
- No smoking is permitted in the building. (this also includes smokeless tobacco products)
- Maximum of two shooters are permitted at one shooting station.
- Do not pass firearms between booths, the firearm must remain in the booth and the person can change booths.
- No "dual wielding" or "two gun shooting".
- Persons not shooting or coaching are not permitted in the range facility.
- Persons utilizing the range facilities are not permitted forward of the firing line.
- For any property left unattended; Sheridan Arms assumes no liability and it is left at the owners expense.
Sheridan Arms Procedures -
- You will shoot only from the position assigned to you.
- The muzzle must be pointed down range at all times.
- The firearm must remain level when shooting.
- Shooters must load and unload their own firearms keeping the muzzle down range.
- No firearms are to be handed to another person, must place on bench first with muzzle forward.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased to move between positions.
- Only one firearm should be loaded at a time.
- Only line-of-site shooting is permitted. No hip or snap shooting.
- No uncontrolled rapid fire is permitted.
- When leaving the firing line at any time, unload the firearm, lock the action open, and lay it with the muzzle pointing down range.
- When you are completely finished shooting and wish to leave, all of your firearms must be unloaded and securely encased before leaving the shooting position.
- If your firearm malfunctions, becomes jammed, or if you require assistance of any type from the officer; lay the firearm down with the muzzle pointing down range, step back from the shooting position, raise your hand, and wait for assistance from the range officer. If needed you may come out of the lobby, leaving the gun at your shooting position and retrieve a range officer to help you (or clear the jam yourself keeping the muzzle pointed down range). At no time should you attempt to remove the firearm from the firing line.
- The shooters are responsible for cleaning up all empty cases and trash from their shooting position and directly behind it; placing trash in the trash can and sweeping the brass forward of the firing line. Reloaders may recover their own brass from the range provided it is not forward of the firing line. Brass previously left on the range by other shooters is the property of Sheridan Arms LLC, and is not permitted to be removed.
- All targets will be adjusted so that they are eye level to the shooter. No shooting at targets while they are moving or unlevel. Shooting from rests, stands, or bipods must be done from the bench and not the floor.
Rental Guns -
- Rental guns require you to leave a photo ID and fill out the required renter qualification form.
- Action must be open with the magazine removed, placed in the plastic carrier when leaving the firing line. All rental guns must be returned in this condition.
- All rental guns use Sheridan Arms ammo only, where available.
- When the gun is returned your driver's license will be returned.
- Ear and Eye Protection and Clothing are required.
- It is obligatory that all persons on the range wear approved safety glasses and full hearing protection.
- For your own safety, tank tops at your own risk, sandals, or high heels should not be worn on the range.
- Your range fee completes and time expires when you leave the Sheridan Arms range other than restroom usage.
- Feel free to ask the range officers and safety questions. They are here for you safety.
- All guns are always considered loaded.
- Never allow the muzzle to point at anything that you are not willing to see destroyed.
- Keep your finger off the trigger unless your sights are on the target and the gun is level.\
- Be sure of your target.
- Eyes and ears must be worn.
- Standing shooters only.
- Shooter under 18 must be chaperoned on the range at all times.
Unfailing obedience will entirely eliminate firearm accidents. We cannot achieve such discipline, but each of us can make sure by religiously obeying them, that no accidental shooting shall ever be attributable to him/her and that is no small matter.
Gun safety is in your control only with proper handling and use.
You must sign all columns of the sign in sheet before entering the range.
Failure to obey these rules may result in an ejection from the range.
Rules are strictly enforced.
Rules subject to change and modification at any time! In-store rules preside over all in case any changes have been made and the web page has not been updated. Last change 12/03/13.